Read our statement on COVID-19
May 26, 2020
There WILL be an International Pool | Spa | Patio Expo this year, and we’re working diligently to deliver an impactful and engaging event. Learn more.
Because we could all use a bit of good news, read about how our industry is stepping up to help their communities.
Those on the PSP Expo team who are parents share their advice for working, homeschooling, and staying sane:
- Keep a schedule! Still wake up and go to bed at similar hours.
- Then keep a daily routine.
- Mix up activities so you're not doing the same thing for a long period of time
- Facebook Messenger for Kids so kids can stay connected to their classmates.
- Rewards like M&Ms
- Baking - treats and bread. Or make your own pizza
- Game nights - with board games
- Crafts & painting
- Weather permitting - outdoor time - walks, sidewalk chalk games, a duck pond, bikes, scooters
- Car washing
- Birthday parades for friends - decorate the car & make signs
- Dress up with wigs, costumes
- Movie night in the driveway - project the movie on the garage door; other families can join from their own driveways
What to Watch:
- Educational content daily on PBS
- ABCMouse.com - great content and is free for 30 days, ages 2-8
- Disney Plus/GoNoodle
Self Care for Parents:
- Zoom meet ups and happy hours with Friends
- Parents' Facebook Groups to let you know you're not alone
- From Shelby, Amy, Brandi, and Meggan on the PSP Expo team
Have a story to share?
Do you know of someone in the industry who is working for their community? Let us know! Email Megan Magaña: firstname.lastname@example.org