Read our statement on COVID-19
July 2, 2020
As the Industry Has a Record Year, We’re Rolling out the Informa AllSecure Framework to Ensure Your Safety at the Event. Learn more.
We are making preparations to run the International Pool | Spa | Patio Expo, co-located with DeckExpo, in accordance with all national government and local authority guidance, as well as Informa AllSecure – Informa’s approach to enhanced health and safety standards at our events as a result of COVID- 19. (Informa is the parent company of the PSP Expo/DeckExpo).
The PSP Expo/DeckExpo may appear a bit different, as we’ll be employing Informa AllSecure. It’s a set of standards developed by Informa, which produces more than 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in addition to PSP Expo/DeckExpo.
Informa AllSecure employs the highest standards of safety, hygiene, cleanliness, and quality for operating events. These recently published measures are in addition to advice from government and local authorities, which we’ll be following to safely host the PSP Expo/DeckExpo. It’s also in addition to the seven-point safety plan recently published by our host venue, Mandalay Bay. Mandalay Bay’s parent company, MGM Resorts, is currently requiring that guests wear masks inside public spaces.
For a health and safety-minded event, we’re planning to adopt, at a minimum, the following standards from Informa AllSecure:
- Enhanced cleaning: Public, high-traffic areas of the Mandalay Bay Convention Center will undertake enhanced, deep cleaning before, during, and after PSP Expo/DeckExpo. We’re working with the venue to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness. This includes continuous sanitization throughout the course of an event, with a focus on high-touch areas such as door handles, restrooms, and food and beverage areas.
- Non-contact registration: We’ll have a system that facilitates non-contact registration and badge pick-up for participants.
- Physical contact: We are requesting that participants avoid physical contact, such as handshakes and embraces, promoting alternative ways to greet business partners. The exchange of printed materials, such as business cards and sales brochures, is discouraged, with digital alternatives recommended. In fact, exhibitors can use their Media Package to upload videos, PDFs and more to their listing.
- First aid: All event participants will have access to a qualified first aider and a separate quarantine area. Participants will be asked not to attend if they are feeling unwell, and the show team will follow local health authority guidance on detecting and managing anyone who displays symptoms of COVID-19.
- Adapted conference rooms & sessions: We’re revising seating arrangements and set-up in conference and meeting rooms, to enable greater space between seats. We’re also working on solutions to avoid the sharing of equipment, like computers and microphones.
We are keeping everyone informed about what to expect before they arrive through regular communication (via email & social media).